Compatible with popular WordPress plugins:
Affiliate Links Lite
wecantrack WordPress plugin
You can find our plugin in the WordPress marketplace by searching “wecantrack” or by using one of the buttons on this page.
If you are cloaking your affiliate URLs, our system will place the subid parameter in your affiliate URL during the redirect process. Our plugin is compatible with almost every redirection / cloaking plugin but in case any issues come up, please notify us and we will look into it.
If you are not cloaking your affiliate URLs, our system will create redirect links in order to place the subid parameters within your links. While connecting your websites on our platform, you have two options to choose from concerning the redirection URL:
Installation of wecantrack WordPress plugin
- Install the Wecantrack WordPress plugin
(search for “wecantrack” or follow the link in the button)
- Click on ‘Install Now’
- Click on ‘Activate Plugin’
Search for Wecantrack in the navigation bar and click on it
- Go here to get your API key: https://app.wecantrack.
- Fill in your API key and verify it
- Click on ‘Update & Save’
- If you have cache on your website please make sure to clear it after activating our plugin.
- If you would like to test our plugin without enabling it on all pages you can follow the instructions in Step 3.
In case you notice that our plugin is not fully functional, please consider the following aspects:
- Make sure you are not caching your outgoing links
- Make sure you do not use any shortened affiliate links (except for impact, involve asia and partnerize)
- Make sure you are not using any URL shortening tools like Bitly, Jot URL, etc.
- Make sure you use the same domain as your website for your cloaked URLs
- Make sure to always keep our plugin updated (we advise to activate automatic updates)
- Make sure you don’t have tools like Varnish or Plugins that automatically clear cookies
Testing the wecantrack WordPress plugin (optional)
You can either test our plugin by shortly activating it and checking the redirect path when clicking on your outgoing links, or you can leave our plugin’s status disabled and follow the next instructions.
- Add an expression that the URL has to contain in order for the plugin to work
If you’d for example place “?wct=on” in the “Enable plugin when URL contains” field (as in the screenshot on the right), your landing page needs to contain the expression in order for our plugin to be active.
https://wecantrack.com/?wct=on – on this URL our plugin would be activated
https://wecantrack.com/ – on this URL our plugin would still be disabled
- You can also place a slug or whole landing page URL if you want to test it on an entire page
- The test is active as long as your session lasts
- We suggest you test your outgoing links with this functionality and check whether the redirection path looks fine (you can for example use a Chrome plugin like “Redirect Path” to check that).
- Check the following:
- whether you land on the advertiser’s landing page
- whether you are being directed through the affiliate URL
- whether a SubID parameter is being placed containing the WCT ID (as in the screenshot “WCT200325152941hmbtv”)
After testing multiple links on multiple pages with satisfactory results, feel free to enable the plugin. Please keep an eye on your sales data and immediately disable the plugin if anything seems off.