Facebook Ads Integration Guide
Affiliate marketing in Facebook Ads is becoming more challenging with all the new Facebook and iOS updates. Instead of being able to place your own Facebook tracking pixel on advertisers’ websites you will now need to integrate affiliate conversion data in Facebook from server to server by using their Facebook Conversion API.
In this guide we will explain to you how you can activate our server side Postback and Facebook conversion API integration feature which will push your affiliate conversions as purchase events to your Facebook pixel and ad manager.
Facebook Ads Integration activation guide
- If you place your Pixel ID(s) within the website form(s) you filled in on our platform our system will start to push conversions to Facebook, where the session contained a Facebook cookie or a FBCLID.
- If you also fill in the Facebook Conversion API token within the website form(s) our system will use the Conversion API instead of the Facebook Pixel and additionally push conversions coming from sessions not containing any Facebook cookie or FBCLID, which can be helpful to build look alike audiences. You can generate you Facebook Conversion API Access Token within the settings of your Facebook Pixel.
- We recommend you let our system use the Facebook Conversion API since it improves attribution capabilities for conversions coming from iOS14.5 or higher.
Facebook Ads Integration – Video Guide
Facebook Ads Tracking Template (UTM Parameter tracking)
IP Tracking Adjustment (optional but recommended)
- In case you want to improve the conversion attribution coverage within the Facebook Ads manager we recommend that you adjust the IP tracking setting within the advanced website settings. By standard we anonymise IPs due to data protection regulations. You can switch it to ‘Store full IP’, but please ensure you comply with data protection regulations.
- You can find this setting under Data Sources > Websites > Edit (of the relevant website) > Show advanced settings.