3. Connecting Websites
The final step for our system’s foundation is connecting your websites or application which will enable our system to place SubID parameters in your affiliate links. This is necessary to trace the conversion data back to the traffic data.
If you are cloaking your affiliate URLs, our system will place the SubID parameter in your affiliate URL during the redirect process.
If you are not cloaking your affiliate URLs, our system will be able to automatically place our click IDs in your affiliate URLs.
When your websites are fully connected, our system will place first party cookies to keep track of the session and determine pages where clicks originate. The lifespan of these first party cookies is 4 hours.
Requirements for Click Tracking & Attribution
We can only work with your affiliate URLs if you follow some basic rules:
- Don’t cache your outgoing links
- Don’t use any shortened affiliate links (except for Impact and Involve Asia)
- Don’t use any URL shortening tools like Bitly, Jot URL, etc.
- Don’t use tools like Varnish or plugins that automatically clear cookies, or at least make sure you exclude the _ga and _wctrck cookies
Connecting a website
- Check if our system filled in the right Google Analytics Tracking ID, Facebook Pixel ID and Microsoft Ads UET Tag ID and correct them if necessary
- If you want, add the Google Ads Tag & Label and Facebook API Token (optional)
- Select whether you use WordPress or not
- Adjust advanced settings if necessary
- Click on “Save and Integrate”
Not Using WordPress
In case you cloak your affiliate links click on the following button to read our Clickout API documentation.
- Install our WordPress plugin to connect your website to our system and automatically place the necessary SubIDs
- Our WordPress plugin is compatible with almost every redirection and cloaking plugin, so you don’t need to do anything else but install our plugin.
- In case you see that our WordPress plugin is not compatible with your redirect method please make sure to use the ‘wp_redirect’ function, uncloak your outgoing URLs, use our clickout API or get in touch with us to find the best solution.