Step by Step Installation Guide
How to track affiliate sales in online marketing tools?
You only need to set up wecantrack once and you will be able to integrate your affiliate sales data into your online marketing tools automatically. The registration is for free and you will get a 30 days trial period.
In order to get started you need to follow the next steps:
- Create your wecantrack account
- Connect your affiliate networks to the system via API credentials
- Connect your websites
- Enable the features you would like to use
Scroll down or click on the steps to get more information on each step and our available features. You can also take a look at our technical documentation.
Test it for free!
Requirements to make use of wecantrack
All you need to get started with our tool is:
- affiliate links on that website (if you cloak and don’t use WordPress, click here to find out the additional step you need to take)
Create your wecantrack account
In order to create your wecantrack account you need to provide us with your email address and password. Further information like company name, website URL, time zone and currency can still be set another time.
The creation of the account is free and you will get a 30 days trial period, or you can keep using our free price plan, if you need more than 30 days.
Connect your affiliate networks to the system via API credentials
Once you have an account you can navigate to Data Sources – Affiliate Networks to integrate your network accounts via API. Click on the network you would like to add accounts for and then on “+ Add New Account”. On each network data source page you will find instructions on where you can find your API credentials. You can include tags (optional) in order to improve your filtering possibilities for your reports.
Once you have connected a network, we will immediately get your sales data of the last two months. If you want us to get more of your historic data, please send us a message via email or our chat.
The “Sub ID Selector” button is relevant when you want to make use of the Google Analytics Integration feature. You can then set up:
- Which Sub ID should be used
- Whether our Sub ID value should replace, prepend or append to already existing values
- Which separator should be used
Connect Your Websites
- Copy your website URL and paste it in the field
- Check if our system filled in the right Google Analytics Tracking ID and Facebook Pixel ID and correct it if necessary
- Select whether you cloak (hide) your affiliate links
- Select whether you are dynamically loading content with affiliate links
- Click on “Save and Show JS Snippet”
It is recommended not to use Google Tag Manager for that because Google Tag Manager is blocked by numerous ad blockers.
In case you cloak your affiliate links you will need to use our API to get our traffic and sales data matching to work. Please approach us concerning this and we will lead you through the process.
Enable Integration Features
Depending on the feature you will have to follow further instructions to finalise the integration process. Here you will find an overview of what you will have to do.
Google Analytics Integration
- Enable Ecommerce in Google Analytics
Activating Ecommerce within Google Analytics is very simple but does require you to have admin rights of the account.
- Go to Admin – Ecommerce Settings
- Turn on “Enable Ecommerce”
In order to gain more precision in terms of sales attribution, you can increase the Google Analytics session duration to 4 hours (which is the maximum).
- Go to Admin – Tracking Info – Session Settings
- Set Session timeout to 4 hours and 0 minutes
That was it! From now on your affiliate sales will be integrated in your Google Analytics account.
Google Ads Integration
Once you have fully integrated your affiliate sales in Google Analytics, you can easily integrate your data into Google Ads by linking your accounts and importing the transactions conversion action.
Go to your Google Ads account and navigate to Tools & Settings – Setup – Linked Accounts.
- Click on ‘Details’ in the Google Analytics element
If you need more information about linking your Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts, please follow this link: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1704341
Now that your Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts are linked you can continue with adding the transaction conversion action:
- Navigate to Tools & Settings – Measurement – Conversions
- Click on the plus icon to add a new conversion action
- Click on ‘Import’
- Select Google Analytics and click on ‘Continue’
- Select Transactions and click on ‘Import and Continue’
- Click on ‘Done’
- In the conversion actions table, click on the transactions conversion action to see the setup
- Adjust the settings to your preference
- If you feel unsure, use the setup from the image
Now your Google Analytics Ecommerce conversions should automatically be integrated in Google Ads. It takes up to a whole day for a conversion to be integrated in Google Ads, so don’t expect to see the conversions right away.
Facebook Ads Integration
Make sure you placed your Pixel ID within the website form of the connected website.
If you want us to use the Facebook Conversion API instead of the Pixel, make sure you also added the Access Token which you can generate within the settings of your Facebook Pixel.
That was it! From now on your affiliate sales will be integrated in your Facebook Ads account.
Microsoft Ads Integration
Automatically integrate your affiliate conversion data as custom conversion events in Microsoft Ads.
Before you get started please make sure you placed a UET tag on your website and activated auto tagging in your Microsoft Ads account.
Also, make sure you added the UET tag ID in the website form you filled in our platform under Data Sources > Websites
- Within Microsoft Ads, go to Tools > Conversion tracking > Conversion goals
- Click on ‘+Create conversion goal’
- Leave the Category, Label and Value fields empty (as they are already)
- Adjust Action to ‘Equals to’ “wct-conversion” (as you can see in the screenshot)
- Select ‘Purchase’ as Goal category
- Select ‘Conversion action value may vary’
- Under Count select ‘All’
- Use 90 days as conversion window
- Select ‘Include in “Conversions”
- Select the UET tag you are using
- Click on ‘Save’
That was it, from now on your affiliate conversion data will automatically be imported in Microsoft Ads!
More information will come soon…