Get Started – Guide to set up Affiliate Sales Data Tracking & Integration
How to track affiliate sales in online marketing tools?
You only need to set up wecantrack once and you will be able to integrate your affiliate sales data into your online marketing tools automatically. The registration is for free and you will get a 30 days trial period.
In order to get started you need to follow the next steps:
- Create your wecantrack account
- Connect your affiliate networks to the system via API credentials
- Connect your websites
- Enable the features you would like to use
Scroll down or click on the steps to get more information on each step and our available features. You can also take a look at our technical documentation.
Test it for free!
Requirements to make use of wecantrack
All you need to get started with our tool is:
- affiliate links on that website (if you cloak and don’t use WordPress, click here to find out the additional step you need to take)
Create your wecantrack account
In order to create your wecantrack account you need to provide us with your email address and password. Further information like company name, website URL, time zone and currency can still be set another time.
The creation of the account is free and you will get a 30 days trial period, or you can keep using our free price plan, if you need more than 30 days.
Connect your affiliate networks to the system via API credentials
Once you have an account you can navigate to Data Sources – Affiliate Networks to integrate your network accounts via API. Click on the network you would like to add accounts for and then on “+ Add New Account”. On each network data source page you will find instructions on where you can find your API credentials. You can include tags (optional) in order to improve your filtering possibilities for your reports.
Once you have connected a network, we will immediately get your sales data of the last two months. If you want us to get more of your historic data, please send us a message via email or our chat.
The “Sub ID Selector” button is relevant when you want to make use of the Google Analytics Integration feature. You can then set up:
- Which Sub ID should be used
- Whether our Sub ID value should replace, prepend or append to already existing values
- Which separator should be used
Connect Your Websites
- Copy your website URL and paste it in the field
- Check if our system filled in the right Google Analytics Tracking ID and Facebook Pixel ID and correct it if necessary
- Select whether you cloak (hide) your affiliate links
- Select whether you are dynamically loading content with affiliate links
- Click on “Save and Show JS Snippet”
It is recommended not to use Google Tag Manager for that because Google Tag Manager is blocked by numerous ad blockers.
In case you cloak your affiliate links you will need to use our API to get our traffic and sales data matching to work. Please approach us concerning this and we will lead you through the process.
Enable Integration Features
Depending on the feature you will have to follow further instructions to finalise the integration process. Here you will find an overview of what you will have to do.
Google Analytics Integration
- Enable Ecommerce in Google Analytics
Activating Ecommerce within Google Analytics is very simple but does require you to have admin rights of the account.
- Go to Admin – Ecommerce Settings
- Turn on “Enable Ecommerce”
In order to gain more precision in terms of sales attribution, you can increase the Google Analytics session duration to 4 hours (which is the maximum).
- Go to Admin – Tracking Info – Session Settings
- Set Session timeout to 4 hours and 0 minutes
That was it! From now on your affiliate sales will be integrated in your Google Analytics account.
Facebook Ads Integration
That was it! From now on your affiliate sales will be integrated in your Facebook Ads account.
More information will come soon…